With summers just around the corner, mosquitoes and bugs make everyday life miserable. They are not only irritating but also very harmful and can lead to grave diseases such as dengue, malaria and what not. There is a common pest that often interferes with these well-laid plans: the mosquitoes, they not only make your outdoors menacing but also intervene in your indoor spaces making them hazardous and dangerous.
Fortunately, there is always a way of keeping these bugs at bay and make your homes, workspace and even outdoors safe and bug free without making a hole in your pocket.
Here at YesNo.in we are all about keeping the harmful chemicals away and providing natural solutions to rid your life of pests. Below is a list of ways to keep mosquitoes away from your home and out of your life:
Insects can’t stand the smell of lemongrass, which means that it’s especially good for keeping them out of your home. One of the best ways to take advantage of it is:
- To heat up about a half cup of water and add in about 20 to 25 drops of lemongrass oil. Put it all in a spray bottle and spray all of your doors, windows, and infested surfaces.
- You can also use it to get rid of those awful fruit flies that easily get into your home since they’re so tiny – making their way even through those teensy spaces in the mesh of window and door screens.
- The reason they seem to come in endless numbers is because they can lay as many as 500 eggs at a time on rotting food, ripened fruits, damp rags and other common kitchen items. Spritz the solution generously anywhere you see them, like counters, your refrigerator, walls, cabinets, and so on. If you use it every day it will help keep them from coming back too.
- Not only does this mixture repel flies in a very effective way, but it also will make your home smell good and give it an aroma with a hint of fresh citrus.
- You can also burn Lemongrass Candles to avoid mosquitoes.
A lot of people don’t realize that lavender essential oil helps with the prevention of bug bites and infestations. Lavender Essential Oil may be the mildest essential oil on the list, and is one of the only oils said to be safe for babies. Simply rub some essential oil and keep the mosquitoes away.
3. Tea Tree
We all know that Tea Tree Oil is a green cleaning powerhouse, but it is also capable of suppressing the growth of parasites such as fleas, leeches, lice, and ticks. Diffuse it around the house or dilute it in a carrier oil and apply directly to skin to keep the critters away.
The mosquitoes are are not really the fan of this fragrance this is why Tea Tree Essential Oil is used to keeps the bugs away, you can use it in the diffusers, you can also burn some tea tree candles. This not only acts as the mosquito replatent but also adds freshness to the space.
Peppermint Oil, with it’s strong scent and tingly sensation, is great for repelling lots of different types of bugs.
- For the creepy crawly variety, put a few drops of peppermint oil on a cotton ball and place in areas where you find spiders, ants and ticks.
For flying insects, make a peppermint bug spray by combining 4-5 drops of peppermint oil with ¼ cup water in a spray bottle. Give it a good shake and spritz on exposed skin before spending time outdoors.
5. Eucalyptus & Citronella
Used since the 1940s, eucalyptus oil is one of the more well-known natural repellents. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have approved Eucalyptus Oil as an effective ingredient in mosquito repellent.
A recent study showed that a mixture of 32 percent Lemon Eucalyptus Oil provided more than 95 percent protection against mosquitoes for three hours.
Citronella Oil on the other hand for is used in various forms to stop mosquitoes – directly applying the oil, in the form of infusers etc.
Whichever species you encounter, you can protect yourself without having to use a chemical based repellent. These products have the potential to cause health and environmental problems.
So buy your natural repellants now & keep the bugs at bay!!
Thanks Yesno, for giving me the best solution for mosquitos. Now they stay away :D